Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Sunshine Papier House Party, August 22


"Reach out and open the door that no one thought could be opened. Life is behind it."- Kelly Ann Rathaus

There is life behind the doors, and last night I embraced it fully. Last spring I stumbled across a hobby that, in no time, became a means of creativity and absolute delight for me: card making. Since then I have been creating cards, working on photography projects, and crocheting hats daily. I love it.

Last night the Cramers and Kristi Dunn hosted a card/art party for me, where I was able to share my creations with friends and continue to raise money to support my trip to Uganda next week. It was a great night. My mother surprised me with a visit, I sold some cards & photography pieces, and I got to delight in other people enjoying beautiful things I spent time creating. It was a great night. I am so incredibly thankful for the support, encouragement, hospitality, and fellowship gifted to me last night.

Who would have thought?

Since watching Invisible Children Rough Cut, March 2007, something within me died making room for something new to be born. I began to see doors that I never knew existed, encounter people who pointed me toward doors that my insecurities blinded me from, and walk through doors I did not think could open.

An artist was born.

Peace,
lanecia
Sunshine Papier

No comments: