Saturday, September 6, 2008

3 Days In and Loving Every Minute!!!

Life is AMAZING here! I spent most if the morning dodging the bodas (spellling...motorcycles) on the city streets of Kampala and bracing myself from slipping on the side of the road. I failed at one point, falling on my back on the side of the road. HAHAHAHAHA! I still have the red dirt on my clothes and cut on my hand to prove it. After falling I decided to play in my mind over and over again the words of one of the beadmakers, "Slow down. Slow down." She thought I tried to walk around the Acholi Quarters (one of the many slums in Kampala) too fast.

The fact that I am typing right now on a computer in downtown Kampala is proof that God does have me in the palm of His hand. The past 3 days I have been welcomed with great hospitality, introduced to some beautiful people and seen so much... I know we are all in the palm of God's hand.

The food is FABULOUS!!! I have had a few meals out, but Thursday and Friday we had lunched at Acholi Quarters so it was authentic Ugandan food. The beadmakers are so beautiful and welcomed us so. Hospitality like you have never experienced before. No dog bites :), though a few encounters. Next week I will visit each beadmaker in her home and listen to the story.

Time is up, so I better go. All is well though, all is well.

No comments: