Monday, September 8, 2008

Overwhelmed

So, this is a quick note to let you all know I am well. I wish I could say more, but my time on the internet is limited and I have too much to say to even try to begin.

Know that I feel your prayers and desire them. A new week has begun for me in Kampala, and I am thankful. I am looking forward to being with the beadmakers today in Acholi Quarters, I missed them this weekend. The weekend was lovely though and restful in ways. I got to explore a bit with Robin and James, read, write in my journal (I have written about 8 pages each day), worship, listen, cry and be still.

Lovely!

It is a pretty quite day in Kampala. The weather is cool, it is a national holiday so people are resting definitely note the hustle & bustle of the past few days. After a meeting with George in the city, we are heading back to Acholi Quarters. YAY!


Hopefully, this heavy weight will be lifted as soon as I encounter the first Acholi child's smile. I had prepared myself for some aspects of life here, but over the past few days I have learned about the many dimensions of social ills that exist here & within the Global Community. I have also witnesed so many places of hope, joy and redemption. Prayer for me that I will have the wisdom to accept the things that I cannot change, offer what little I can with great love towards the places God calls me to, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Pray for me this day.
Peace
lar

No comments: